Monday, August 20, 2012
I Know What I want to be !!
I was playing with mercury balls in Dr. Quinn's office in 1970. As a high school Jr., I was on a student work program for a local dentist in Millington MI. I don't know if it was the toxic effects of the mercury poisoning but at that time I decided I wanted to be a dentist. I could play with mercury, dig things out of peoples teeth, charge a lot of money, and wear a blue lab jacket. Yes, this was it, I want to be a dentist. I shared this passion with my mentor who was Mrs Hoban the home economics teacher, and with a wooden spoon in one hand and a cherry pie in the other, she looked at me and said, "You're a girl, and you aren't that smart." My dreams where crushed. Now what!! Then I heard about dental hygienist. They where girls, and I beat I had the IQ to make it, AND I could still play with mercury and dig things out of peoples teeth. WOW I knew what I wanted to be.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment